Sunfood's Raw Organic Cacao Powder leads the superfood industry in quality, flavor, eco-packaging, and antioxidant value. This is one of Sunfood's premier superfoods and is one of the most unique and beautiful chocolate products on Earth.
What is Raw Organic Cacao Powder (Chocolate Powder)?
All chocolate is made from Cacao Beans (also known as Cocoa Beans). Cacao is chocolate! All the antioxidant value, mineral benefits, neurotransmitter rejuvenating properties, and overall health-giving qualities of chocolate are found in raw Cacao Beans!
Sunfood Raw Organic Chocolate Powder is created by cold-pressing Sunfood Raw Cacao Beans into a cake separating the oil from the protein and fiber. The remaining dry 'cake-like' material is then cold-ground, fine-milled and sifted so that only the finest, most bio-available raw Cacao particles filter through into the finished product. The temperature is never allowed to exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit and is usually 104 degrees F (most other cocoa powders are exposed to temperatures as high as 300 degrees Fahrenheit!). A high-accuracy thermometer monitors the process. This low temperature process keeps delicate vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants intact, allowing for maximum digestion and absorption.
Our Certified Organic Chocolate Powder is created from beautiful, clean, microbe-free Cacao Beans. Our Chocolate Powder is processed in a state-of-the-art facility in Ecuador. We package this outstanding product in the highest quality-amber glass bottle available on the market in order to protect the cacao powder from light.
No chemicals, no hexane, no solvents.
No sugar, no dairy.
Just one ingredient: raw, organic cacao powder.
How To Use Raw Cacao Powder:
Add cacao powder to all your favorite smoothies, elixirs, teas, coffee mixes, protein drinks, desserts or anything else you can think of. Just one or two spoonfuls can transform any recipe into a healthy chocolate treat. It even goes great on top of fresh fruit! Delight your friends with the best food ever! Enhance your pleasure to the maximum...enjoy!
Sunfood Raw Organic Chocolate Powder has a delightful, full, antioxidant-rich chocolate flavor.
Storage: Refrigeration or storage in a cool, dry place (out of direct sunlight) is recommended, yet not required. Sunfood Raw Organic Chocolate Powder is microbe-free and highly-stable.
The Amazing Story of Raw Cacao Powder
Who Ever Heard of Over 25,200 Antioxidants in a Single Spoonful of Chocolate?
After spending nearly two grueling years on research and development, extensive international traveling and endless fine-tuning...and after dropping a small fortune on the most rigorous possible ORAC antioxidant laboratory analysis...we are now able to offer you the most antioxidant-rich, most PURE and ridiculously great-tasting 100% Raw Cacao Powder...
It's the FIRST and ONLY product of its kind EVER!
From the desk of David Wolfe:
Dear Fellow Chocolate Lover:
If you're like me always looking to take your Chocolate experience to the next level of pure delight then this may be the most important single message you will ever read.
That's because you're about to discover the most delicious, easy-to-use and mega-potent (955 ORAC units per gram!) form of Chocolate ever revealed. One that's meticulously been kept below 120 degrees Fahrenheit from the tree all the way to the bottle.
Let me make this clear you've never been able to get 25,200 ORAC units of Antioxidant power in a spoonful of ANYTHING but now you can get it all and more in one single serving of delicious Raw Organic Cacao Powder!
Isn't it awesome to be one of the pioneers to be MILES ahead of the natural foods curve? I say this because while everyone else is singing the praise of dark chocolate we're way, way beyond that.
And now this product is FINALLY "living" proof of...
The Shocking Difference Between COOKED Cocoa Powder and RAW Cacao Powder!
But before I reveal the astonishing facts let me quickly simplify the rating scale the USDA has developed, called ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity). Basically it's a high-tech way of measuring the ability of antioxidants to absorb cell damaging, wrinkle-causing, tissue-destructive free radicals.
Many companies use different ORAC units in their product descriptions, creating some confusion when one is trying to compare one ORAC score to another.
Here's an example to illustrate a common confusion: both dark cocoa powder and the goji berry (the goji berry is a superfood from China) are high on the ORAC scale. Roasted cocoa powder tops the list with a score of 26,000. The goji berry rates strongly, with a score commonly found on the internet of 25,300. But what is creating confusion amongst consumers is that the cocoa powder and the goji ORAC ratings are for 100 grams! That's much more than a typical serving. If you calculate the ORAC units per gram you quickly see that dark cocoa powder is at 260 and goji is 253.
Not bad, but that's nothing compared to the whopping 955 ORAC Units found in each gram of raw organic Cacao Powder!
This is a great validation of the superfood lifestyle we all get to enjoy.
Check the math the raw version contains 367% more antioxidants than the very best cooked version. (On the same 100 gram scale as above, Raw Organic Cacao Powder would have over 95,500 ORAC units compared to the 26,000 in the roasted...)
Plus, we know this is 100% accurate because I personally sent our Raw Organic Cacao Powder to Brunswick Laboratories in Wareham, Massachusetts.
Brunswick is the pioneer and a world leader in research testing related to Antioxidants and oxidative stress they're the best of the best. Their facility is where all the big players in the supplement industry get their products tested for antioxidant levels.
And, honestly, with as much work and fine tuning as we'd put into this product, I expected to see a nice difference for sure. But 367% higher in our Cacao Powder that's more than anyone could ever have predicted!
But this is only the beginning. I've got an even more thrilling piece of info for you. Now here's what I want you to do...
...Take all of the great scientific things you are hearing about chocolate and multiply them by about seven times!
You can actually do that because pure dark chocolate (which, to most researchers, is the benchmark of healthy chocolate) contains about 132 ORAC units per gram.
Again, that's much higher than most foods. But it's still meager compared to the 955 units in our Raw Organic Cacao Powder. In fact, our Cacao Powder has about 723% more (or about 7 times more) antioxidants gram-per-gram than typical dark chocolate.
Here are just a few examples of what I mean:
* Cornell University food scientists say that cocoa has nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine and up to three times those found in green tea. With Raw Cacao Powder, it would be 14 times more than Red Wine and 21 times more than Green Tea!
* Italian researchers found eating 100 grams of dark chocolate each day for 15 days lowered blood pressure in the 15-person study. The University of L'Aquila team also found the body's ability to metabolize sugar a problem for people with diabetes was improved. Because the effect was believed to be due to Antioxidant levels, with Raw Cacao Powder we can likely multiply this effect.
* Doctor Gabriel Cousens clinical research (which I have taken part in) has demonstrated that eating cacao and cacao products (chocolate powder) are safe and healthy and can actually help to improve some blood sugar disorders. Dr. Cousens wrote to me about his results with cacao. He also made the following statement
Cacao polyphenols have been scientifically shown to:
1. Lower blood pressure
2. Lower vascular cell adhesion
3. Increase circulating Nitric Oxide
4.Decrease platelet aggregation
5. Decrease rates of death from cardiac mortality and all mortality in general
6. Improve insulin sensitivity
7. Decrease fasting insulin
8. Increase blood flow to the brain
9. Inhibit plasma lipid oxidation
10. Decrease chronic inflammation in the body and cardio-vascular system in general.
* Dutch researchers indicate that dark chocolate contains four times the amount of catechin antioxidants than black tea. With Raw Cacao Powder, it would be 28 times more than Black Tea and potentially 7 times the protection!
* In trials, doctors at Harvard found that Antioxidant compounds called Flavonols in chocolate help the body to produce Nitric Oxide, a compound essential for proper heart function. (Nitric oxide is also believed by some bodybuilders to help increase muscularity). Again, with Raw Cacao Powder, this effect could easily be multiplied.
* There are many more examples than I could ever list here!
You get the point. Just remember this figure of roughly 723% (or 7 times) when you read about the health benefits of dark chocolate because that's how much MORE Antioxidant activity Sunfood Raw Cacao Powder has.
And not only that...
...because it's concentrated, our Raw Organic Cacao Powder has at least 33% more of many of cacao's most vital nutrients!
In Raw Cacao Powder, much of the oil is removed, while nearly all of the active nutrients remain. For example...
* Did you know the amino acid Tryptophan is found naturally in cacao. Tryptophan enhances relaxation and promotes better sleep? Now you'll get at least 33% more tryptophan when you use Raw Cacao Powder!
* Researchers have discovered that phenylethylamine (PEA) has a positive effect in enhancing feelings of falling in LOVE! And Chocolate has been proven to be an excellent source of PEA. Now you can love at least 33% more with Raw Cacao Powder!
* Cacao is the richest food source of magnesium of any common food. Magnesium is the number one mineral that assists and supports healthy heart functioning. Now you get at least 33% more magnesium gram-per-gram with Raw Cacao Powder!
* Raw Cacao Powder has at least 33% more Arginine, the aphrodisiac-like amino acid believed by body builders to build muscle and aid in recovery.
* And much, much more!
I go on for days about all of the various nutrients in Chocolate in fact that's what our Naked Chocolate book is all about.
But the simple point I want to make here is just how LOADED Raw Cacao Powder is with higher levels of nutrients and potency. It is simply light years ahead of everything.
And you don't have to take my word for it, listen to what some people had to say after guzzling Sunfood Raw Cacao Powder...
Here are just a few comments from friends that I sent samples to:
"We love the Cacao Powder you sent us very potent and easy to use we look forward to adding to some of our future creations." Nadine Artemis, Master Chocolate Alchemist of Living Libations, Toronto, CANADA
"The Sunfood Raw Cacao Powder goes perfectly in my most popular chocolates. I want to start using it as soon as possible!" Amy Yockel, Owner of Raw Goddess Chocolate, Miami, FL
"That Cacao Powder you sent me was unbelievable it makes it so much easier to be satisfied and happy drinking smoothies and eating raw foods." Mark Flores, Las Vegas, NV
"Thanks David "Avocado" for that wonderful Cacao Powder. It's easy to use and I feel so totally good when I take it!" Rainbeau Mars, Model, Actress, Mother, International Yoga Teacher, Santa Monica, CA
Think for a moment and imagine how you'll feel when you get to use Sunfood's Raw Organic Cacao Powder consistently every day?
PLUS, there's something else I almost forgot about. It's one of the biggest reasons why this product is this strong and delicious. Sit back and listen as I reveal...
...The "Behind the Scenes" X Factor that has made this product so amazing!
As much as my ego would like to take credit for this product's quality, I can't do that. Much of the success indeed the real X factor comes from the wonderful people in Ecuador that we work with.
Our chocolate partners in Ecuador are super quality-oriented and share our values of a continuing and never-ending improvement of every aspect chocolate growing, harvesting, and processing.
Additionally, our partners are very health conscious. They support and eat lots of raw and organic foods, they fully believe in the benefits of "living" food and most importantly they understand the absolute importance of these Cacao products being kept at a low temperature.
That's why they've broken every step in the Cacao process down and now measure the temperature at each step with a digital thermometer and have effectively lowered any fermentation of the cacao fruit pulp (around the cacao bean) to less than 5%.
And because our cacao sources share the same vision as we do, we're able to communicate efficiently and effortlessly with them. This alone has been a great help in allowing Sunfood to continuously develop innovative new Cacao products! (Notice how we were the very FIRST to offer Raw Organic Cacao Beans, then Nibs, then Butter, and Powder. And there's even more on the horizon!)
And last but not least, our partners in Ecuador are totally honest and ethical. They demanded we pay them higher prices for these amazing products, so that they could pay their workers and villagers better than anyone else. They explained that this would cause everyone to put a better, happier energy into the chocolate products and that we'd see and feel the difference in the quality. We feel, see, and taste the difference and were grateful.
To me, the quality, texture, freshness, and flavor of our chocolate products is a collective dream come true for myself and the team at Sunfood. We feel that the Sunfood Raw Cacao Powder is the perfect superfood for everyone due its incredible nutrient makeup and also for its abilities to satisfy the heart and emotions.
HOWEVER, there is one more thing I neglected to mention until now! Our Raw Cacao Powder is ridiculously easy to use!
Here are just a few ideas for using your Raw Cacao Powder. You can...
* Add it to your favorite smoothies-elixir (one heaping tablespoon will do) and watch them instantly become Raw Chocolate masterpieces!
* You can blend it with Virgin Coconut Oil and Agave for instant Raw Chocolate Syrup! (Then put this on top of raw ice cream or fresh fruit AMAZING!)
* You can blend it in a food processor with raw nut butters and agave nectar, for the most delicious dessert you've ever had.
* You can make any cookie, brownie or pie INSTANTLY more chocolaty and delicious just add a level tablespoon or more to taste.
* You can blend it with almond milk or hemp milk. This gives you a creamy dark chocolate milk that's LOADED with antioxidant power and tastes out of this world!
* Blend some cacao powder directly into your favorite herbal tea and make your tea into an alchemical warm chocolate beverage!
* And so much more!
In fact, this product is my secret weapon in my smoothie-elixir-best drink ever recipes. Because it's so easy to use and the Antioxidants can really help fight off the jet stress I get when I fly I would never travel without it again!
Not only that for the price you'll find it to be one of the absolute best values on the market. Here's why:
Figure the Price Against Other Top-Antioxidant Foods One bottle of NFL Cacao Powder delivers 433,570 ORAC Antioxidant units. To get that same amount of ORAC units from other foods, you'd have to buy:
* 80 6 oz baskets of Organic Blueberries, which would cost you at least $320 and as much as $560!
* 94 6oz baskets of Organic Red Raspberries, which would cost you at least $376 and as much as $658!
* Over 5 lbs of frozen Acai, which would cost you at least $200 in a health-food store!
* 35.5 bottles of Himalayan Goji Juice, which would cost you at least $1,158! * You'd need 24 bottles of Xango Mangosteen Juice, which would cost you about $1,020!
* You'd even need over 5 bottles of Eniva's VIBE Juice, listed in the Physicians Desk Reference as having the #1 highest ORAC value for a supplemental juice product. Even then, 5 bottles of VIBE would run you at least $250 and as much as $300!
This information goes to show how you need pay close attention to the true overall ORAC values of a product or you won't be getting the value you deserve.
But it also shows you how our Raw Organic Cacao Powder is an absolute steal. Pound-for-pound this product is the heavy-weight champion of Antioxidant products because it gives you the most organic antioxidants for your money of any product on the entire market.
Try it today and totally transform your routine by including more chocolate!
In our book Naked Chocolate, I mentioned the amazing story of the Kuna Indians, who live on the San Blas Islands of Panama. These people have always had extremely low blood pressure and that it did not climb as they got older. In fact, they always remained in remarkably great health.
When the lifestyles of these people were studied, one thing stuck out. The Kuna living on the islands drank a significant amount of locally grown, minimally processed, high-flavonol Cacao (Cocoa).
The best part: for the first time ever, YOU can do the exact same thing. You get to drink and eat this simple, yet powerful superfood which is very likely the most potent source of health-promoting antioxidants in existence.
Now you can take advantage of this amazing, delicious opportunity. This is so exciting! Now is the best time ever to taste the best Raw Organic Chocolate Powder ever!
See you in chocolate heaven...until then HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER!!!
David "Avocado" Wolfe
Special Note: It takes approximately 2-1/2 to 3 pounds of raw cacao nibs/beans to create one pound of raw Cacao Butter.
Want to see how our Raw Chocolate is made?