With natural preservation properties, essential oil from the native
Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying
agent, while providing a warm, earthy aroma.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
Woody, warm, earthy
Methyl thujate, methyl myrtenate, α-terpineol
Known as the “tree of life, ” Arborvitae is majestic in
size and abundant in unique benefits. Arborvitae essential oil is
concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of
chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal
threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also
contribute to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic
acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its
ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to
Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native
Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles,
baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties,
Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in
woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant,
nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact
with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.