Camu Camu Powder (PURE) - 4 oz bag (Raw, Organic)
Consider the words of Dr. James Duke, USDA scientist and author of The Green Pharmacy: "I take vitamin C for colds...I prefer to get mine from camu camu, the amazing Amazonian fruit that has the world's highest vitamin C content."
Indigenous Amazonian peoples would pick the camu camu berries in season, dry them, and use them medicinally for the rest of the year. This purplish-red berry becomes light beige in color when dried and powdered.
The camu camu berry is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, the amino acids serine, valine and leucine, as well as small amounts of the vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin). Camu camu also contains high levels of anthocyanins (a powerful antioxidant), bioflavonoids, and other essential co-factors. All of these nutrients help the body make full use of the abundant levels of Vitamin C found in this superfruit.
Traditionally, camu camu has been used to:
* support the immune system
* maintain excellent eyesight
* create beautiful skin
* ward off viral infections
* support strong collagen, tendons and ligaments
* decrease inflammation
* improve respiratory (lung) health
* help maintain optimal clarity of mind in times of stress and anxiety
Camu camu berries especially support the functions of the brain, eyes, heart, liver and skin.
In a comparative study of hundreds of botanicals, ranked in order of effectiveness for various health conditions, camu-camu was ranked among hundreds of herbs as follows:
Gingivitis/Periodontal disease #1
Migraine headaches #1
Parkinson's disease #1
**This comparative study's results are not FDA approved. We make no specific claim as to the camu camu berry's medical properties.
How to use Camu Camu powder
Add approximately one half teaspoon (3 grams) or more to juices, smoothies, raw ice creams, raw desserts, or simply to your drinking water.
- As a natural vitamin C source, this product may be used in conjunction with MSM powder to rejuvenate collagen and improve the health of the skin.
- Working by complementary pathways, both camu camu and Ocean�s Alive Marine Phytoplankton help the brain and eyes work at their highest levels of efficiency. Combining these two supplements in any recipe may provide a substantial boost in mental clarity.
- Combine camu camu with the gel from raw, fresh, Aloe vera in any drink or smoothie. This can lead to a gentle time release of Vitamin C, and may lead to significantly enhanced rates of assimilation of this essential vitamin.
- Iron from plant sources is best absorbed in the presence of abundant Vitamin C. Blend camu camu with Raw Organic Cacao Beans, Cacao Nibs, or Cacao Powder in a super-powered smoothie to take full advantage of this unique synergy.
- Camu camu holds the #1 ranking among hundreds of medicinal herbs in the treatment of infertility. Maca Extreme is a more potent form of the Peruvian superherb Maca, which has a long history of use as an aid to fertility, boosting the libido and increasing endurance. For the first time we are able to combine these two superfoods for the best superfood drink ever!
One can increase one�s dosage of camu camu with time. Note that absorption of the Vitamin C in camu camu may be significantly enhanced by combining it with MSM powder, the gel from raw, fresh Aloe vera, or both. Diarrhea symptoms indicate excessive intake of camu camu.
"One of the most powerful botanical substances known. If you know the power of vitamin C, camu camu berry powder is the best source. It's essential." - David Wolfe, author of The Sunfood Diet Success System and Eating for Beauty
"There is no doubt that ascorbic acid [Vitamin C] is required for the synthesis of collagen in the bodies of human beings and other animals. One of the important functions of collagen is its service in strengthening the intercellular cement that holds the cells of the body together in various tissues. It is not unlikely that part of the effectiveness of vitamin C against the common cold, influenza, and other viral diseases can be attributed to this strengthening effect, and in this way preventing or hindering the motion of the virus particles through the tissues and into the cells." - Linus Pauling, Vitamin C, the Common Cold, and the Flu, 1971, p.43-45