Sleeping grounded is the best way to reap the benefits of connecting
with the earth. Our all natural (unbleached, non-dyed) Egyptian cotton
Earthing Sheets are woven with soft conductive silver fibres. They fit
the mattress similar to a regular bottom fitted sheet.
pockets on the Fitted Earthing Sheet are approximately 15″ deep, and the
sheet will fit over top of thicker mattresses.
How It Works
Placing your bare feet or any part of your body on the Fitted
Earthing Sheet grounds your body to the earth during sleep. The
Earthing sheet connects to the earth while plugged into the grounded
port of your outlet with a ground cord. One end of the cord snaps onto
the sheet, and the prong end of the cord can be inserted directly into
the ground port of an electrical wall outlet or connected to
the included ground rod which can be placed directly into the earth.
Earthing Fitted Sheets are machine washable and dryer safe. (See “How to wash and care for your Earthing Fitted Sheet” below.)
This Earthing Kit includes:
- Fitted Earthing Sheet
- 15 ft. Connection Cord
- Outlet Checker
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
Sheet Size Dimensions:
- Twin – 39 x 75 inches (99 x 190 cm)
- Twin XL – 39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
- Full/Double – 54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
- Queen – 60 x 80 inches (153 x 203 cm)
- King – 76 x 80 inches (193 x 203 cm)
- California King – 72 x 84 inches (182 x 213 cm)
How To Set Up Your Earthing Fitted Sheet
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing Fitted Sheet you must connect it to the
“ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your
sheet, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper
ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing Fitted Sheet. If you
have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly
grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the
optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your sheet.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the
prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the
Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around
the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Earthing Fitted Sheet
1. Place the Earthing sheet over your mattress and stretch each
corner gently to fit contour of the mattress, as you would any fitted
2. Insert one end of the Earthing cord into the ground port (third
hole) of a properly grounded wall outlet or connect to cord of an
Earthing ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
3. Find the connecting tab on the sheet and snap other end of Earthing cord onto the tab.
4. When you lie down on the connected sheet, any bare skin contact
will transfer the Earth’s energy to your body once you connect the
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from sheet into one of the two splitter
receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Fitted
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter
receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Fitted Sheet. The round
metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Fitted Sheet. Press
firmly on the sheet to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test”
button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that
sheet is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes
on, the Fitted Sheet may be defective or has lost conductivity and
should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light
doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Fitted Sheet while holding the
tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on
back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when
touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the product are
plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the
light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The
surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from
contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems
smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see
“hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard
metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can
also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after
cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the
tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Fitted Sheet
It is good to wash your Fitted Sheet. It will not be harmed by
washing. In fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body
sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
Earthing’s grounded bed sheets have withstood rigorous testing conducted
by an independent testing lab. After 100 wash/dry cycles, the
conductive silver fibres show virtually no breakage or wear. When cared
for properly, your earthing sheet should last as long as any good
quality bed sheet.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly is recommended
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40 celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don’t apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering
it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also
ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker
is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved
connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet
Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the
product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.