This popular tea does contain caffeine and is made from certified organic young green tea leaves. With a bright color and mildly sweet flavour, enjoy Match is hot and cold drinks, smoothies, baking, sauces, and more.
To make matcha it starts several weeks before harvest, when the tea bushes are covered to prevent direct sunlight. This slows down growth, turns the leaves a darker shade of green and causes the production of amino acids that make the resulting tea sweeter.
Only the best tea buds are hand picked. It can take up to one hour to grind 30 grams of matcha. The flavour of matcha is dominated by its amino acids. The highest grades of matcha have more sweetness and deeper flavour than the standard or coarser grades of tea harvested later in the year.
The leaves are traditionally dried outside in the shade and are never exposed to direct sunlight. However, these days, drying has mostly moved indoors.
Quality matcha is vibrantly green also as a result of this treatment.
Modern Western Use: used in coffees, teas, latte, smoothies, baking, flavouring for tempura, & sauces.
- Authentic culinary grade matcha from Japan
- Healthier than regular green tea since matcha contains whole, ground leaves that are excellent for digesting.
- Loaded with chlorophyll - a powerful detoxifier that helps the body purge chemicals and harmful matters.
- Natural energy booster.
- Boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss
- 70 x the antioxidants of orange juice
- 9 x the beta carotene of spinach
Ingredients for 1 cup of Tea:
- 1 tsp Matcha
- 1 cup of water at a temperature of 180°F (82°C)
3 Easy Steps:
1) In a bowl, add hot water and whisk in order to warm the bowl. Discard water after a minute.
2) Bring 1 cup of water to temperature using a thermometer
3) Place 1 tsp of Matcha to the warm bowl then slowly add the
hot water. Whisk rapidly until the mixture becomes frothy. Pour into a
cup and add sweetener to taste if you like and enjoy!
Country of origin: Japan
receive products from various countries depending on availability.
Please contact us if you would like us to double check the origin.