What is an Earthing Mat?
The new and larger Earthing Universal Mat offers broad functionality.
Use it anywhere in the office or house. The 12.5 x 39 inch mat can be
used as a grounding pad on the floor to place your bare feet or on a
desk for your wrists and forearms.
This Earthing Kit includes:
How To Set Up your Universal Earthing Mat
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing Mat you must connect it to the “ground
port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing
Mat, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper
ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing Mat. If you have any
other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded.
If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Earthing Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the
prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the
Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around
the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Universal mat
1. Decide where you want to use the mat. Your options include most
anyplace where you work, sit, relax, rest, or sleep. Hence, the name
“universal mat.” Just remember that wherever you set it up you need to
have some bare skin contact.
2. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
3. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of
nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod
cord if you use a ground rod connection. The mat is conductive on the
snap side only.
4. You must make bare skin contact with the connected mat in order to
receive the earth’s energy. The mat is conductive on the snap side
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter
receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter
receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing Mat. The round
metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Earthing Mat. Press
firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test”
button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the
mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on,
the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light
doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Earthing Mat while holding the
tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on
back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when
touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the product are
plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the
light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The
surface fabric of the mat sometimes prevents the button from contacting
the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but
if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and
valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button,
will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some
moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after
cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the
tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the mat using a non corrosive
cleaner. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any
detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin
the conductivity of the mat. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to
the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact
with the Earthing mat. Such substances oxidize and can damage
conductivity. Air dry the mat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker
is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved
connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet
Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the
product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.