With a specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system,
Thyme is a potent, warm essential oil that holds powerful cleansing and
- Cleansing and purifying effect for the skin
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Naturally repels insects
Warm, herbaceous, floral, powdery
Thymol, para-cymene, γ-terpinene
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to
knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the
Middle Ages. During this same period, Thyme was often placed beneath
pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The
ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in
their temples while the Egyptians used it in their embalming rites.
Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a
potent essential oil that has cleansing and purifying effects for the
skin; however, due to its high thymol content, Thyme should be diluted
with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil before application. Thyme has
specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system.*
- Add 2 drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to support a healthy immune system.*
- Use when gardening to naturally repel insects.
- Use 1–2 drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy-looking skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant,
nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact
with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any