Xylitol Granules- (derived from Birch) - 4.5 lbs BULK
Looks and tastes like sugar, only better. Derived from hardwood trees, not corn. Guaranteed GMO free. A 4.5lb jar is equal to 9 3/4 cups.
Xylitol is an all natural sweetener derived from the xylan of birch and other hardwood trees, berries, almond hulls and corn cobs. It was discovered in 1891 by German chemist, Emil Fischer, and has been used as a sweetening agent since the 1960's. Xylitol is a substance that occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables, and in fact, is produced in small amounts (5-15 grams per day) in the human body during normal metabolism. Xylitol enjoys wide acceptance in Japan, Finland, and the Scandinavian countries. In the Soviet Union it has been used for decades as a sweetener for diabetics, and in Germany in solutions for intravenous feeding. Numerous clinical and field studies performed over the past 30 years have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of xylitol as a healthy alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
* Looks and tastes like sugar – same texture, same sweetness, no aftertaste
* Use it just like sugar, and in equal quantities
* Produces a pleasant cooling effect in the mouth
* Given to babies and expectant mothers
Low in Calories
* 40% fewer calories than sugar
The Smart Sweetener. A healthy, natural alternative to sugar.
Use in place of sugar in your favorite recipes in the same measurement.
• Derived from organic hardwood NOT CORN
• GMO free
• Low glycemic index – safe for diabetics
• Same sweetness as sugar – 40% fewer calories
• Tooth friendly – inhibits dental causing
bacteria, plaque & tartar
• Helps to fight ear & sinus infection