With both calming and uplifting abilities, Bergamot can dissipate
anxious feelings while simultaneously cleansing and purifying the skin.
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Provides skin purifying benefits
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
Citrus, spice, with a high floral note
Bergamot rind (peel)
Limonene, linalyl acetate
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring
special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot
for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate
skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the
spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus
oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it
ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and
cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant,
nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact
with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays
for up to 12 hours after applying product.